Avocado Brownies by One Hungry Bunny
For my Youth class who enjoyed those avocado brownies from last week's #MindfulMonday Instagram post, find the recipe below! We went through a short Mindful Eating Meditation during class, where we used our sense of touch, smell, sight, and taste to be a little more mindful with our eating, to begin to not only savour the taste of the brownies, but to also allow for our other senses to enjoy the experience as well. It was fun, and something you can do with any food really! I'll be leaving a more detailed post this month in regards to Mindful Eating Meditations, and how you can learn to get the most out of your meals!
Recipe taken from http://onehungrybunny.com/delicious-avocado-brownies/.
Deliciously Rich Avocado Brownies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 medium, ripe avocados skin and pit removed (halve the avocado and scoop out with a spoon)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside a lightly greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- In a food processor, add the avocado, maple syrup, and sugar. Blend well. Then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well so that all of the ingredients are blended together. Make sure to scrape the sides for any remnants.
- Gently add in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa and mix well.
- Turn off the processor and remove the blade. Stir in the chocolate chips using a spoon or spatula.
- Spread the batter into the pan evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done. Test the middle of the batter with a knife or toothpick to make sure nothing sticks.
- Remove from heat and let cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!